Fuel Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tanks

This is an easy one for ya, but Im really new and have looked all over.
    I need to know how big the Gas tank in my 96 Sea Doo HX is. I also have a 93 Kawasaki 650 X2 and need to know about it's tank as well. The Kawasaki is more important, because I have to mix the oil in and want to get the right amount. I have already ordered the shope manuals, but I have not received them yet and am riding tomorrow. Thanks again,
    William

If this doesn't get answered by the morning, I will certainly look the specs up for you when I get into the office.

I *believe* the HX is a 9 gallon and the X2 a 6...but don't quote me.

You should note that it is advisable to pre-mix in external tanks 5 gallons at a time or so - it mixes the gas/oil MUCH better than if you just dump them both into the tank and rely on the mixture swishing around.

Comment

The 96 HX has a seven (7) gallon tank.

Bryan, you sure are on top of things here. I was going to tell him about premixing in a seperate container as well. I really enjoy this site, Wish you and SBT the best, hope your riding season is good.

Thanks,
      Scott

Comment

Thanks for the correction. MEMBER support is what makes a great site! :D

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. This is indeed a really great site.

Comment

The X-2 uses a 4.3 Gallon fuel tank.

Comment

YUP YUP you dont want to mix the stuff in your tank. You want to use a 5 gallon gas can and mix it well in there and then dump it in the ski.
              Rob

Comment

Hey thanks again you guys.

Comment

Working...
                X