Sea Doo oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Doo oil

I have a 2000 xp. Is there a comporable quality synthetic oil I can purchase other than the sea doo brand. That stuff costs close to 50 bucks a jug in my location.

$50 for a gallon of XPS?! Good Gawd man! While you can certainly use other high-quality synthetic such as Amsoil, Penzoil, etc. (and some even swear by Yamahalube 2_s at $15/gallon) - XPS will keep you running the best without any worries. I would suggest you find a better source for the oil online - such as Parker Yamaha who sells it for $27 +shipping.

Comment

I had my engine modified at PPG. They told me they use yamalube R in their boats. Does anyone else use it or tried it? Bryan, can you tell me anything about it?

Comment

Yamalube R is a different blend of Yamalube 2-S. Both are semi-synthetic, the R having a different base blend and detergent content. It's also more expensive.

Comment

Joe:

Any full marine synthetic that is in the 50:1 ratio class. I keep reading that some Amsoil is a 100:1 ratio rated oil which would lead one to think that it will conflict with a 50:1 oil injection ski.

Yami owners certainly love their Yamalube 2, but it does conflict with Rotax rave valves as in gucks them up.

Bryan:

So Yami "R" is not a full synthetic? I read that elsewhere, but found it hard to believe. So I take it that Yamaha has no full synthetic oil. That's weird. Do you happen to know who refines Yamalube for Yamaha?

Comment

No, it's not full, no they don't make a full, and no, I don't know the origin.

Here's actory info for you:

Comment

go to Technilube, this is the site of my amsoil sponsor. mike has tons of info on oil. you will find that for $10 you can become a "amsoil prefered customer" this will allow you to buy at wholesale.
              amsoil is a better product. if you doubt it ask mike questions, he's proved very informative. the prefered customer program is allowing me to supply my habit a bit cheaper and run better oil in my motors.
              i run this stuff in my 400hp eclipse.....
              greg

[ March 04, 2001: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn - SBT Webmaster ]
              my gsx is 400 hp.....beat that!

Comment

Joe,
                The AMS Oil series 2000 Synthetic is real good. It's cheaper than SD also.... check out their website www.amsoil.com
                Steve

Comment

Steve:

The only Bombardier endorsed replacement is sold by Shell Canada. The lineup was introduced by Ski-doo/Shell a few years ago to better the enivormental image of sleding.

Ever wonder why both Cal-jet and Snow City stock it? No hassles from Bombardier.

The RAVE oil from Shell is actually refined in the US. It's sold under Snow Ultra or Nautilus PWC Synthetic label.The same stuff.

Word is that it is better than Castrols's Rotax stuff.

Go to www.shell.ca and hit business & products, then commercial lubricants, then TIPS and go from there. Shell stocks about 300 lubes so look carefully.

I just bought some Snow Ultra for $5.13 per litre from a Shell distributor. I got the PWC version from Snow City two years ago for $5.00 The distributor wanted $7.50 for the PWC version. List is always higher, but never charged. I bought these individually, but 12 to a case if by the case.

Comment

Here is the link to the Shell Oil Technical Information. It is a Acrobat file.

Nautilus Personal Watercraft Oil

Is this available in the USA??????

SteveCLT [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ March 07, 2001: Message edited by: SteveCLT ]

Comment

I always bought my oil in bulk from my dealer. He had a 55 gallon drum in the back. It was a lot cheaper.

Comment

How about for a 96 Sea-Doo HX. I just bought it and was wondering about the oil that is in it. It was last on the water, last Summer. Should I empty it and if so what should i replace it with.
                        Thanks,
                        William

Comment

Many people have reported very good luck with any TCW-3 oil on a 720 - you don't have RAVE valves, and thus have no need for synthetic.

Comment

thanks,
                            I also have a 93 Kawasaki 650 X2. It used to have an oil tank, but has been changed to a mix. I did some looking around and came up with a 50:1 mixing ratio. Is this correct? What do you suggest I use, Pennzoil 100% synthetic or even Yamalube 2-s.
                            Thanks

Comment

We always suggest 40:1 to be completely safe. 50:1 may be safe for your ski, but I don't want to say without being there.

You have no need to run synthetic or semi-synthetic (2-S) unless you are just looking to lessen your smoke production. I run 2-S myself, mostly for the smoke reduction, and partially because it's great oil for my Yamaha, and just about the same price as the regular 2-W.

Comment

Working...
                              X