case cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• case cooler

[img]smile.gif[/img] How difficult is the addition of a case cooler on a 951. any pros or cons on the subject? can't wait for warmer weather
    .....c-ya on the water......

It does require completely disassembling the engine, down to the bottom case. It's not difficult, but not something you would not want to tackle alone if you have never assembled a 951 internally before. Benefits are debatable. Yes, it signicantly reduces the internal and case temps, but then again, the engine is designed to function within an optimal reange. Taking it above OR below that range is not good. I have no data showing if this happens, but it's something to consider.

[ March 03, 2001: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn - SBT Webmaster ]

Comment

thanks, Bryan. i need to check my crank anyway.
      .....c-ya on the water......

Comment

Bryan,
        It is not necessary to disassemble the motor to add a case cooler.
        Using a sanding block, lightly sand the surface flat. Then drill and tap the bolt holes. We have an oring in our case coolers that with some light coating of gasket maker, does a great job of sealing the water cavity from leaking.
        Bill O'Neal WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

My bad! From an install description I saw months ago, it had shown it disassembled, and looked to be sandwiched in between the case halves like an intercooler...from what you are describing it bolts to the bottom of the engine...gotcha.

Comment

Bryan,
            To get a clearer picture of what we are discussing, look at the bottom of a fuel injected set of cases. Be aware though, that these are not interchangable with non injected cases. For that, you need an aftermarket cooler like the Miller case cooler.
            One of these days, I will post a picture on my webpages about case coolers.
            Bill O'Neal WCM
            <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
            X