Stock '99 XPL Jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock '99 XPL Jetting

I have heard several times on this board that the stock jetting for an XPL is rich. I have a brand new boat and would like to fine tune it after break in. Once the warranty is expired I will probably put a PPG stage 1 kit on it, but until then I will keep everything stock.

My question to the group is where is the stock jetting rich - low speed, high speed, or both? Can I correct by just turning the high (I have heard hard to access) and low adjustment screws, or will I need to change internal jets/needle & seat assemblies/pop off springs etc? Does turning in the adjustment screws (clockwise) lean the mixture? Does anyone have an estimate on how much to turn the screws? I will be using Amoco 93 octane super unleaded which I have heard tends to burn a little lean.

Thanks.

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]null[/img]

When you tighten or screw in the needles then youre leaning the mix. Youre not allowing as much fuel to mix with the incoming air.
    When you turn out or unscrew the needles then youre adding fuel so youre running richer.
    Youo always would want to be running rich than running lean. Running lean destroys motors running rich isnt too good for it either , but at that point youll just get carbon build up in the pipe

Rob

Comment

Bob,
      The XPL is not overly rich in it's jetting the way it comes from the factory.

If performance is what you want, buy my re-jetting kit and Prok filters. For $155.00, I believe it to be the best performance you can buy for the price. You will be pleased with the gain, and it will actually run with even safer jetting than oem jetting.
      Bill O'Neal WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
      X