Hey all you mechanics!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all you mechanics!!!

ok all you mechanics...give it to me straight. ive been looking for a 97 gti for what seems to be forever but am not finding much. this guy calls me and tells me he has one he wants to sell. he bought it new in 97...put 311 hrs on it and had the engine totally rebuilt under seadoo waranty by a seadoo dealer in sept. of 99. since the new engine he has put another 90+- hrs on it. said everything is in good shape with it but at the end of the summer had to have a gasket replaced. other than all of that, he said its in good shape. WHATS UP? is that way too much work and hrs on a 97 to mess with? i know very little about skis and would hate to buy something and have to have it in the shop nonstop. If everything sounds ok with the new engine, what is the most i should pay for it? i know...sounds desperate, but i dont have a ton of cash to spend. any info or comments are/is appreciated. Thanks.

That is a lot of hours. Rental?

Comment

It sounds like it may be alright, assuming that the rebuild was a FULL rebuild, and it was just due to age. 300 hours on a Sea-Doo is about that magic mark for an age-related rebuild, and 90 on a fresh rebuild is still relatively new. The 720 is a very reliable motor, that is designed primarily for longevity and consitant power as opposed to squeezing every last HP from each cc. Assuking the rest of the craft is in great shape, and all paperwork is accounted for for the past work, I wouldn't discount it as a possibility.

Comment

Working...
      X