Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carbureator adjustment??? timing issue???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was only out of one valve -- the middle one (there is also one on a waterbox in the back). When the clamp popped loose and the thing opened up the only thing I saw was the thing that had the bolt/hex head. I didn't see anything green. I opened up the other one and it was the same.
    Have you ever wondered why they don't make B batteries?

Comment

It seems to be coming from the top on the side towards the rear of the ski.

Comment

The one on the waterbox is not a RAVE valve - it's a water regulator, the cap just looks similar - they do completely different things. RAVE stands for Rotax Adjustable Variable Exhaust.

The thing with the hex head was what I was talking about - usually they are green.

I don't understand where you mean - on the top - is it coming from the rubber, or below the housing?

Comment

It appears that it's coming actually from under the black and red cap.

It may be that the spring wasn't placed back right or something. I don't know.

Comment

Thanks for all your patience by the way.

Hope you're having a great day.

Unfortunately I won't be able to put the jetski in the water till maybe Saturday since the weather is only going to be in the 70's and someone apparently stole my shorty from storage.

Comment

OK, so it's leaking from the bellows (the rubber part). First examine the rubber for nicks on the edges, and then take off the retainer spring. Make sure the rubber is seated correctly all the way around the cap, then replace the spring.

We're having a great day, entertaining Bill O'Neil today [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

newbie,
                Also try unscrewing the sparkplug boots off the ends of the wires and trimming 1/4 inch off the plug wires and then put back together. Corosion can get into that connection and also cause problems. The low speed adjusters are located behind the throttle linkage. With motor not running, pull throttle linkage and sometimes helps you see those screws.

Comment

Working...
                X