Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froze before winterizing - Spring procedures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froze before winterizing - Spring procedures?

Due to various business trips and personal (family) trips, both my machines were outside during a week of freezing weather before I could get them in for winterizing. They are both 94 SeaDoo 650's (XP & GTX).

Besides the obvious, such as crank seals getting pushed out, or a cracked case, what should I look for in spring?

What procedures should I follow before starting them, etc? What do I need to look for to make sure they are OK?

Anybody gone through this before?
    +================================+<br /> Curt Shambeau<br /> 94 Seadoo XP & 94 Seadoo GTX <br />+================================+

If you properly blew the excess water out of your system the last time you put it away, chances are you are alright. The places that are most likely to be damaged right away are at the cooling line fittings and the hoses. Check each hose for hairline cracks. Put it on the hose and run it for a couple minutes, checking each one. As for internal damage, after running, pull your plugs and make sure you don't have any water, or water dropplets that would indicate an internal breach. Also, look over your pipe to make sure you don't have any cracks on the outsides of the water jackets.

Comment

I did not have the water blown out, which
      is why I'm wondering how much damage could have happened, and what I need to identify once I get them in this spring.
      +================================+<br /> Curt Shambeau<br /> 94 Seadoo XP & 94 Seadoo GTX <br />+================================+

Comment

Bt 'water blown out' I mean the normal procedure after pulling out of water, or taking it off the hose - grabbing the throttle a few times to clear the water out.

Comment

You should have no damage. In upstate NY where I used to live, my friend never winterized his ski and nothing happened. In fact, several people I know did the same. I am not saying to not winterize, because I did this year now that I am living in the Dallas area. You should be ok.

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X