Another Compression Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Compression Question

I have a 97 SeaDoo XP and a 97 SeaDoo GTX. Both have stock 800 (110hp) motors. Prior to checking the compression on these motors, I thought they were identical. However, both GTX cylinders came out at 145PSI and both XP cylinders came out a 165PSI?????? Same gauge, same method, good batteries? Both boats run great. Are there any differences between these two engines? The rave valve part numbers are the same, but are they timed differently?
    Thanks!

Timing has no effect on an engine's compression.

The OEM range for acceptable compression for a Sea-Doo 800 is 135 to 165 psi at sea-level.

There are no set compression points for an engine - it is always a range.

Comment

WOW! The topic on Seadoo.net got a little out of hand.

Bryan, I realize you answered my post on this board. I also posted it on Seadoo.net for any other opinions that may be out there. Too much information is never a bad thing. Thanks for your time and reply.

I just wanted to know if there were any differences between the 97 GTX 800 and the 97 XP 800 that would account for a 20PSI compression difference. The individual cylinders on each motor match each other perfectly. The answer you stated is no, the two motors are exactly the same.

Thanks Again
      Stephen

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the shirt!

Comment

Working...
        X