Cylinder Head on 96 XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder Head on 96 XP

What should I do with my Cylinder Head on my 96 XP? Should I have it modified or should I replace it, nothing is wrong with it, I am just looking for a higher compression ratio. I want to keep my craft Limited. I also want to run 93 or 94 octane, I don't want to mix race fuel. I mostly ride for recreation. Thanks

I bought a new one for mine. I am going to put the stock one back on when I sell it. I think you can run up to 180 psi on pump gas???

Comment

There is no reason why you couldn't have the stock one machined, but I believe people have better luck with a couple different brands of aftermarket heads for the 800's. A more efficient combustion chanber design and better cooling - I hear good things about the R&D head.

Comment

A milled oem head is a good choice too. With any head, keep the pumping pressure down to a maximum of 175 lbs, with at least .042 squish clearances. As our pump fuels are not as good as they used to be, you would risk having a detonation problem if you follow the meathods used in the past when the pump fuels were of better quality.
        Bill O'Neal WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Send your head and carbs out to PPG,and get the level one kit done they will mill and redesign your head and rejet your carbs for you , all for under 500 bucks , this set up will be better than any aftermarket product, and PPG is the best there is when it comes to SEADOO PERFORMANCE, go to there web page to check them out www.seadoo.net. They also will back there stuff up 100% and have excellent tech support .You will not regret doing this if you want the best

Comment

Working...
          X