'99 Sea Doo 951 bendix problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '99 Sea Doo 951 bendix problem

I have read that on stock '99 Sea Doo 951's the bendix can have the teeth (?) break off and fly around, trashing the expensive stator. The 2000 bendix was supposedly changed, eliminating this problem. Is my information correct, and is this something I need to change before it breaks? Was there a recall? How often do they break? Thanks.

Check out your thread at ppg

Comment

I have the 98xpl. It happened to me. One small little tooth, bouncing around in there fried the magneto. The mag was 220.00 and the dealership wanted 200.00 for the bendix. Of course, being the online shopper that I am, found one for 60.00. Been in there since 98 and hasn't given me a problem.

O-Dog

Comment

That's great Spyder, where did you find one at that price? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

We have perfectly good used ones for $50 in stock.

Comment

Bob,

If Bryan can get you one for 50.00, and they are in "perfectly good shape", I would just contact him down at SBT and save yourself 10.00!!

If you feel better about installing a brand new one <and some people do> email me and I will give you the company that I got mine from.

See ya,

O-Dog!

Comment

Working...
            X