F/A for 99 XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F/A for 99 XP

What are the best F/A for a 99 Xp ltd. I can get some R&D F/A. What will they do to my ski and how much faster will I go. I have a Skat-Trak 13/21 swirl on the ski. Thanks for your time, Dave
    See you on the water, Dave

Proks are the best flame arrestors according to Bill O'neil and the guy's at PPG. I would trust anything these guy's say.

Comment

I have used Proks and the R&D Unit , the proks are not for the technically challenged. (IE: have no clue how to tune carbs) They appear to flow way more air and get lean easy. The R&D is a better compromise IMHO. Flows more than stock but doesn't get as lean.
      B Coon

Comment

Brad,
        The function of an aftermarket filter is to add airflow. If you install a filter and do not need to re-adjust the carbs, or re-jet the carbs, you might as well leave the oem filter on the boat. With improved airflow, comes a leaner mixture, unless you adjust for it. The dyno shows a significant hp gain when the mixture is correct. We get the best HP numbers with Proks.
        I sell alot of re-jetting kits that include Prok filters. The gain in performance is quite good, with 120 or more rpm being typical, and better all around accelleration too. No way would I build a boat with better airflow and not re-jet it. It is not worth the amount of work that we be necessary down the road to fix the siezed pistons, to not re-jet it.
        Bill O'Neal WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Working...
        X