Stock Question on XP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Question on XP?

Hey do you guys answer questions on stock equipment? Or just SBT stuff??

Thanks, and cool site!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anything - ask away!

Comment

What oil ratio should I use/break-in with, and what is the best way to break-in the engine (01/951cc)?

I am totally new to this, but wanted to buy brand new to make sure the machines were broke in right.

I read in a few posts in sea-doo.net, that the factory oil setting is set to low for the xp's. It should be higher supposedly??

Any comments on this would be great!!

Comment

I wouldn't mess with the oil pump settings if i were you. Some people have, yes, but there has been no overwhelming need to do so, nor any public attention to any problem with it's inital setting. As for the ratio to break-in with, I don't recall what you mix your tank to off the top of my head - it's on the back of our bottle though - I belive it's around 12oz/10 gallons...something real close to that - anyway, about 1 quart to a tank for break-in.

As for break-in technique we have instruction in our tech section: Break-in Technique

Comment

Great info THANKS!

One last question, have you heard whether Sea-Doo has fixed most of the "nightmare" issues that XP's have had in recent years (i.e. water leaks through the exaust)

Stuff like that?

Thanks again!

Comment

97-2000 still has the issue, masked with a 'retro' kit that basically fits a rubber collar over the pipe/manifold mount, and rubber flaps in front of the air intake to try to divert as much water spray as possible.

Word is for 2001 engines, they switched to an o-ringed joint, which 'should' work better - although no reports have been made on the net as to it's effectiveness yet.

Comment

Working...
            X