hx alignment tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hx alignment tool

I hope to install a new engine soon but my question is do i need an alignment tool? i bought this hx with the engine removed so i have no clue if it had any shims.or can you just drop it in and go? and lastly ,, how much does one cost and were would you go to get one or rent one?
    thanx!
    marc

Bryan,
    All true, except I have had alignment jobs that took up a half a day when it is necessary to re-align the pump support plate and maybe shim the bearing carrier bracket too. This is usually not the case, but it happens. A typical alignment can be performed in under an hour.
    Bill O'Neal WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Unfortunately on an HX, it is not very easy to do yourself, even with aftermarket tools. Believe me, the cheapest and easiest thing to do is have your local dealer allign it for you. The Sea-Doo tool is a couple hundred bucks - certainly not worth buying, and I know of no one that would rent it out. It shouldn't cost you more than $40-$50 to have a good dealer do the job for you - it only takes 30-45 min of their time.

Comment

Working...
      X