SBT 951 water in cyl. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT 951 water in cyl. Help!

I installed an SBT 951 rebuild in my 2000 XP about 4 months ago. I only ran it about an hour then the VTS quit so I put it away for the season. I fired it back up last week and ran it for maybe another hour when it started to lose power and would not stay running. I pulled the plugs and found the rear plug was H20 wet. I cleaned the plug and dry ran the the engine for a few seconds before turning on the flush water. Same results after shutdown (wet plug). I tried it again and noticed bubbling between the case and front cylinder. Then the engine died and it took me apx. 7 seconds to get the flush water shut off. I again I removed the plugs but this time the rear cyl. was completely flooded. Could this be gasket failure? I followed the water flooded engine procedure in the manual and sprayed fogging oil in the cylinders. I don't want to proceed further for fear of causing damage. Help. JC

when you say you ran it for an hour, was that on the water or on the trailer? if ytou are getting water in the motor while flushing it, it wounds like a bad gasket, i think you need to still try to start it but don't turn the water on, just get it to run and spray some fogging oil is after, that should keep it from rusting, then you will have to find the leak

Comment

An hour in the water. JC

Comment

Unfortunately that sounds like a faulty base gasket - call in to Julie and we will swap the block out with you ASAP. 877 330 0231
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X