951 top-end rebuild question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 951 top-end rebuild question

I am getting ready to start a top-end rebuild on my 2000XP. There’s some minor scoring on the PTO cyl wall due to an oil pump failure. MAG piston and cyl is fine.

My question is, should I go one over on the pistons because of the scoring? Or just hone the cylinders? In other words, when a cylinder has scoring damage, it an automatic to go one size up.

Thanks for any advise - Tom

If you had an oil siezure your crank is also damaged, and yes you'll need to go one over.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

What does SBT's top-end kit come with?

Comment

Pistons, clips, wrist pins, rings, head and base gaskets.

Comment

No wrist-pin bearings?

Comment

They are optional, if you request them. They are normally replaced with a crank, not top-end, so they come with our crank.

Comment

They should come with a top end kit because I would NEVER rebuild a top end without replacing the wrist pin bearings. I never understood why they are not included with a top end kit.
              IMO, they should be included in every top end kit.
              Ever see how much damage a wrist pin bearing can cause?
              Bill O'Neal WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Sales asks if they are needed when taking an order and are included free. The bearings come in with the rods, not the pistons, so they aren't repackaged for the top-end kits, since many people purchasing the top-end kit also orer a crank.

Comment

Still does not stop all the calls I get for them when they forget to order the upper bearings from WSM, Wiseco and all the other top end kit suppliers.
                  Bill O'Neal <br>
                  WCM
                  <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Thanks. I will be ordering SBT's top-end kit (w/ WP bearings [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Comment

Does SBT's wrist pin bearings work with the OEM rods?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Thanks. I was told today by your sales dept that the SBT wp bearings will not work with the oem rods. Different size or something. Just want to be sure before I order.

Comment

This thread is about a 951, and they fit. There are differences in the 800 and 720 though. We use a caged bearing in all our applications, replacing the needle bearings in Sea-Doo.

Comment

No one ever mentioned a 800 or 720. This is simply what I was told (twice by SBT sales). I will relay this when I order.

Thanks for your help - Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X