No announcement yet.

RAVES AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

few questions before i rip the carbs off on Monday...

1. by replacing the needles and seats, will this affect the pop off...will i have to readjust?

2. Does most dealers carry these gauges or do you recommend getting it elsewhere?

3. Any other special tools i wil need to get the job done?

4. Where should the pop off be on a bone stock 97 XP?

5.And last, where can i get a mikini manual?

Thanks

[ June 28, 2003, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: stevepaulus ]

Comment

1. No
      2. Not sure but I doubt it.
      3. Good quality screwdrivers and possibly an impact driver and some needle nosed pliers. Somewhere clean and clear to work in (so you can find the bits like springs when you drop them)
      4. 28 - 48 psi according to the manual (seems a wide range, see what others have to say on this)
      5. Right here

Comment

Thanks man.

But just want to make absolutly sure before i tear them apart.....

So, the pop off is not affected when changing needles and seats?

Thanks again guys

Comment

Luckily the answer to question 1 is still the same - despite the fact that question 1 has been edited from low speed adjuster to needle and seat since I answered it.

Anyways - swapping needles and seats will not affect popoff so long as you use the same size seat. The size is stamped on the seat.

In answer to your next question I had a brief look through my manual and can't find what size is standard on your ski but someone here will know :D

Colin aka colin95xp

[ June 29, 2003, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Colin GSXL ]

Comment

Thanks colin.....sorry about that, i noticed i wrote needle valve and changed it to needles and seats when i realized it.

Thanks again

Comment

Just wanted to apoligize to Bill for doubting him. Sorrry Bill.

I replaced my needles and seats today and that took care of both my problems, no more bogg and no more oil pissing out the bellows on the raves.

Thanks Bill, i'll never doubt you again

Comment

Found a parts house open on Sunday...thats great to hear. Sounds like a long ordeal.

Comment

actually got them late afternoon yesterday, guess my dealer was open after all...and yes, very long ordeal

Thanks to everyone that helped me [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Working...
                    X