Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

Yesterday at the lake, my 95 Polaris Sl 750 died out on my girlfeiend. I get it back home and realize there is tons of water in the gas, I guess the gas cap wan't on tight enough. So I drianed all of the gas and put fresh in after I evacuated all of the lines. Got it to start up and run no problem. This morning I go to start it up and nothing. The motor doesn't turn over or anything. Batteries charged and I can hear a noise coming from the electrical box on top of the battery. Do you suppose that some water might have found it's way in there. (A lot of water was in the hull when I took it out of the water) Should I open it up and spray everthing down with wd-40 or what? Please help.

I would try that, but first I would just sand down your battery and starter connections - sounds like you just have some corrosion and a bad connection. Just for safely, take your plugs out and bump it over just to make sure you're not hydrolocked...I doubt it though.

Comment

Hey Bryan, Good call. You were right on the money with that one. Started up just fine. Do you know where I might be able to find a new gasket for the gas cap on the Polarises (Polari?)? :D

Comment

Other than your dealer to order one for you, no.

Comment

Don't forget to clean out the water/fuel seperator if you haven't done so already. The red ring will float if there is water in there.

Comment

you should also check the cap that holds your pickup lines in the tank to make sure it is not broken, Polaris had a recall on that and they will replace them with aluminum ones. This would allow gas to leak if you turned it over or allow excess water to slash in while riding. I would also be safe and check for other leaks because I wouldn't think a loose gas cap would allow gas into the hull, only the tank itself. Just a thought.

Comment

I clean out the fuel/water seperator whenever it needs it, thanks for the reminder though. It seemed that there was so much water in the fuel from the loose cap that it seperated as much as it could and then water eventually made it with the gas to the carbs. Yes, I do have the aluminum piece for the pick up lines. Thanks for the help and the insight.

Comment

It is my understanding that both the gas cap and the threaded piece break on the skis.

Has anyone seen a metal receiver for it, as well as the cap? I have only seen the cap marketed in metal.

-Skexies

Comment

Working...
                X