No announcement yet.

Polaris Quick trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've pieced together the parts needed for the conversion to the extended pump. I'm curious about the spring though, required part?

Thanks,
    -Skexies

Comment

tomsl750, I don't have a website so I don't know what you saw. I did however own a 95 SL750 for 5 years and I had quite a few goodies on it. The list is Chopper City Sports 92 octane head mod, Ocean Pro F/A's, 3/8" reed cage spacers, Toxic reeds, removed choke and added primer kit, oil injection block off and went to pre-mix, 6 vain Skat s.s. pump stator, 4" pump extension, 13/18 Skat Swirl tuned and bluprinted by Impros, 24" Polaris sponsons, OP intake grate for smooth water and R&D top loader for rough water, OP rideplate (mandatory, best bang for the buck), 6* pump wedge, UMI steering with bars, finger throttle, raised hump seat with Hydroturf cover, Carbon Tech mats. My ski was set up for rough fresh water and offshore and surf riding. It had awesome acceleration and topped out at 54mph per gps. It was one of the most reliable moded skis I have owned and I still miss it after I sold it last year to an acquintance. It had 160 or so hard ridden hours on it when I sold it and the new owner is still riding it trouble free. Most of my riding buddies had newer higher hp skis but in rough water and on starts, I was able to stay with them and even be faster than some with their 130 hp porpoising, not hooking up skis. The single best mod for any Polaris 2 seater hull is the Ocean Pro rideplate. I have recommended it to countless people and not one was dissatisfied once they got it on. The Polaris top loader is made by R&D and is identical to the R&D Aquavein just at a greatly reduced price from Polaris. I wouldn't put it on a stock ski especially if it is ridden in smooth water because you will lose 2mph.

As far as the trim motor, the guy has not e-mailed me back yet. What I meant by "take offs" is that they were taken off of new skis that went to manually adjustable trim tabs for racing purposes and had no need for the stock trim system.

Comment

Slexies, The heavy duty spring came with the 4" pump extension kit. It was a stronger/tighter wound spring and I imagine the reason was because of the extended trim rod length required for the 4" extension kit to possibly make the trim react quicker? You can always try it with your existing spring and see how it works.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I found the trim parts I needed at a local dealer for around 70. It includes the motor and the gears. To Sealion, sorry about the web page, that was Skexies web page I was referring to. Even still, it sounds like you had an awesome ski. Ride hard and ride safe.

Comment

Woops. Heh... my page. No clue on the power... I'm not even on the water yet so I don't have a way to know. I'd hope to be kicking 54-55 mph with some dang fast way of getting there.

Sad part is, that my friends are running the nice 110 - 130 hp seadoos... so I'm not expecting to rip them new ones, but I can put two of these together for what theirs cost them.

Man, I was all hunting down for SeaLion's page out of curiosity. Perhaps he should set one up!

Thanks for the information on the spring, SeaLion. I'll see what happens, although I'd like to think the tighter spring is to reduce the clutching slip. [Fingers are crossed that everything works ok.]

I'm piecing my 4" extension together from parts, so "the kit" is rather ellusive as is the part# [which seemed to have changed from group-k's listing] Their part # is for a flush kit. :|

Take care everyone!
            -Skexies

Comment

What parts do you still need for the pump extension?

Comment

The trim spring was the only component that I was un-aware of.

I'm testing a steering rod extension, so that I don't have to replace the steering cable.

-Skexies

Comment

I would be careful on experimenting with the rod. The last thing you want is to be flying on the water and you lose steering from a bent or broken longer rod. Just something to think about.

Comment

Finally got the cable housing out of the ski. The threads are totally screwed-unscrewed? Anyway, sending everything to a welder/machinist to try a repair.
                    Lenchmob pointed me to a possible replacement and while I was there ,saw an incomplete pump extension kit. My question is this, what exactly can I gain by extending the pump? Additional modifications required?

Later

Comment

Extended pump gives you MUCH better hookup / response.

Comment

SeaLion: Heh... I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X