Tips on Pro 785 intake removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on Pro 785 intake removal

Can anyone give me any tips on removal/reinstallation of the intake manifold + carbs on a Pro 785. It is a real pain to get at any of the bolts, I'm sure it can be done, but if there is an easy way to do it I'm all ears. I've started to take it apart already but it is going to take forever... especially putting it back together any comments appreciated. :D

LM

I am running a Pro785 complete intake on my 96 SLX and it is not that difficult to get it off. The only tip I can offer is to remove the F/A first and then you have a little easier access, but you might have done that already?

Comment

Polaris carbs are a pain to take off. My old 750 was a pain. You have to take off the air filter housing and then try to be like the rubber man to get your hands in there to take off the carb bolts. I have big arms and hands so it really helps to have a buddy with thin arms and hands. You will need some 10 mm and 12 mm wrenches. Also try to get a set of stubby metric set of wrenches. Those help a lot since they are about 1/2 the lenght of a regular wrench
      Rob

Comment

I have taken the F/A off of course. The Pro has the large exhaust hose running right behind the carbs and also a massive air intake tube running down in front of them. Makes for a tight work area. :( Guess I'm just going to have to wrench on it awhile. Thanks for responding, you too Raider 1100.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaLion:
        I am running a Pro785 complete intake on my 96 SLX and it is not that difficult to get it off. The only tip I can offer is to remove the F/A first and then you have a little easier access, but you might have done that already?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Yes you are right. I totally forgot about the triple pipe routing. It might be easier to either pull the carbs off the manifold first and then the manifold itself or you might have easier access to the manifold and remove the whole intake before removing the carbs from the manifold? I have never wrenched on a Pro785 so sorry for not being able to be more helpful, but that's all the suggestions I can come up with. You might want to check out Polaris' website and download the Pro785 manual because the whole ski is broken down microfiche style and maybe you can come up with something from there?

Comment

Working...
          X