No announcement yet.

Carb pop-off Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be looking at the carbs...go through this guide and fine tune them first.

Comment

Any thoughts as to why the lateral G's and reduced load would cause the carbs to behave like this?

Comment

Lateral forces can effect the needles seating or not seating, and the pump diaphragms being pushed against the pump body/cover.

Comment

OK Guys, I have the problem fixed now! Timing was retarded by 2 or 3 Degrees.
          Problem solved. Now it flies out of the hole all the way to 6500 RPM's. Thanks for all the help.
          Remember, no matter where you go, there you'll be!

Comment

You mean as in - you had the stator mis-aligned on the case?

Comment

No, the 780 is the only Polaris that the timing is adjusted by rotating the stator.
              650's and 750's just bolt on don't they? If you pull it off the old engine and are not very carefull putting it back on, you will install the stator out of time.

Comment

The 650 and 750's also rotate on the mounting screws.

Comment

all fuji motors, the stator has a line on the out side edge that must be lined up with the center of the upper and lower crank case halfs as per what Brian was saying.

Comment

Didn't even notice the line on the stator, wish that I would have! Hey Bryan, how about including that info in the installation guide.

Comment

Yeah, I know - there were a few little things that I assumed people would just do, but I did get a few calls about it...there are a few more little details like that that will be included inthe next versions of the guides - unfortunatly i just don't have time for the special projects until the season starts to slow down - maybe near October...

Comment

Brian; I'd like to see a picture of that. Is the mark on the right side (as riding) of the engine?

Comment

See this thread.

Comment

Thanks. I just spent a week in the 'Zarks and the ski never picked up speed on right turns. It would run fine, but at 1/2 to full throttle it would stay at 4950 RPM. It would only go to 6450 RPM under the following conditions, 1/2+ throttle, even or slightly + trim, and momentary air to pump. Then hold on tight!
                            Plugs look great / even. I advanced the timing a couple of degrees tonight, but I didn't know about the mark. A quick run showed 62mph indicated on glass conditions, but same requirements to advance engine to high RPM!
                            This is really strange!

Comment

Working...
                            X