Synthetic Oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthetic Oil?

I recently rebuilt a SLT750 motor from the crank up.I have run through 2 tanks of gas, including running pre-mix in the first one. My question is, can I switch to a synthetic oil now? I ran regular oil in it previously, but heard that synthetic smokes less and my 94 doesn't have variable injection so it smokes quite a bit at idle & in No-Wake zones. If I can switch, do I need to completely empty the oil system or can I run the oil tank out & then switch over. Any input would be appreciated

Yes, you can switch now.

Just run it as low as you can before filling up the tank with the new stuff.

Comment

Any recommendations on brands of synthetic oil?

Comment

Yamalube is very good, so is Penzoil.

Comment

It's a Polaris why not use Polaris synthetic, it mixes very well with the regular oil that's still in the tank. I've used it for over 200 hours in my SLX and the compression is still great.

Comment

Cruise the web pages for Klotzlube.com, Amsoil.com, Castrolusa.com, Penzoil.com, Sea-Doo XP-S, though it cost $36 a gallon, supposedly made by Castrol. I broke my 1100 Yamaha on Royal Purple Synthetic TC-W3, ran XP-S till recently, now using Amsoil "AIO", as Amsoil claims it is equal to the XP-S at a lower cost. Lots of choices in synthetic, offer better protection and typically cleaner as far as debris in exhaust.

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: CaptToyota ]</p>
            ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

Working...
            X