Water in Engine - 1992 650 SL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in Engine - 1992 650 SL

Well, the other day, I left my jet ski docked in the water overnight, and with my luck, the jet ski got wedged underneath the dock...the tide came in...and I got brackish water to the point the crankshaft was submerged. Not sure how long it was like this...6-8 hours. Anyway, followed the manual and blew the water out of the cylinders. Started it up and ran it for over an hour. Did seem to do damage to anything presently.

My question is: What should I expect now, that water got into the engine compartment. Is there anything I can do to flush or rinse the compartment to eliminate the possibility of corrosion, without breaking down the engine.

All advise is welcome.

There is nothing you can do except wait for something to break (or sell it/replace it).

Comment

Did the water get to the crank shaft or the drive shaft? If it was just over the drive shaft and you drained it and ran it, I'm sure everything was fine. My question is...Did you have water in your engine? I know you stated that you blew the water out, but did any come out? If water did come out...unfortunatly Bryan's right.

Comment

Working...
      X