#3 carburator drips fuel at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #3 carburator drips fuel at idle

i have a 1996 polaris slx 780 and have just put a new engine in it. i put the carbs back on i i was running it on the flush kit and i was checking the carbs and on the #3 carb drops of fuel were coming out of the high speed jet hole at about 3000 rpm. i took the carbs back off(i really hate doing that) and checked the needle and seat. they looked good. i blew it all out with compressed air and wd-40 and reassembled. it still did it. so i took the carbs back off AGAIN and switched the #1 needle and seat with the #3. it still does it?????? pop-off pressure are all at 20psi. it still does it with the high speed screw all the way in????? any sugestions before i put it in the water???? [img]graemlins/angryfire.gif[/img]

Define high-speed jet hole.

Comment

the little ring-like area sticking out in the top of the venturi that has a little hole coming out of it.

Comment

Then you need to rebuild it - the high-speed check valve(s) is damaged.

Comment

Take a look at my Carb Rebuild Guide in the Tech section - everything is clearly labeled for you...

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn ]</p>

Comment

where exactly is the high-speed check valve located? is it that little plastic flap that covers a hole on that piece of irregular shaped metal that covers the high and low speed jets? or is it somewhere on the fuel-rail side?

Comment

Working...
            X