SBT Jetski Engines, Parts & Accessories

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    From
    Jefferson City, MO

I've decided to go ahead and replace the existing pump on my SLT 750 with a Mikuni high-flow pump in order to a) replace a 5-year old part and b)alleviate the lean cylinder problem known on these types of motors. Simply replacing the pump this way will also not force me to do any additional "plumbing" work.

Questions:

-Anyone know the model # of the Mikuni high-flow triple outlet pump? Who has it, and whats a reasonable price?

-I plan on putting the pump exactly where the old pump was, mounted on the air intake. If there's a problem with the engine vibrations causing some problems on pumps, why do they mount it there in the first place? Should I consider putting it elsewhere?

Any other items I should know on this install? with the high-flow unit should I expect to have to adjust the carbs? I hope not, It seems to be running very well as is - may consider just replacing with a polaris OEM piece if I do have to adjust (You know, if it ain't broke...)

Thanks in advance. Is spring here yet? I'm REALLY getting anxious for it.

From
    Clearwater, FL

It should run you about $50. I would contact Bill from www.watercraftmagic.com first and see what he has or can get. If he can't help you Parker Yamaha may have one. They list the dual carn version for $40, you'd have to call for the triple.

From
    Jefferson City, MO

Thanks Bryan.

So, you think I'm doing alright using this method?

Also, what about the mounting location issue?

Jeff

From
    Clearwater, FL

Yes, there is nothing wrong with going with one good unit. As far as mounting, anywhere but on the block is good.

From
    Jefferson City, MO

Calling Bill O'Neal:

See above. Can you let me know prices and availability of above (triple Mikuni high-flow), either here or by e-mail?

Also, what's your feelings on this type of action to prevent the possible lean-cylinder situation?

Thanks!

From
    Titusville

i am thinking about doing the same to my sl750. how much can i get one for BIll?

From
    Jefferson City, MO

Found a Mikuni triple outlet pump on a snowmobile site. Would this be the same as what would be used on a PWC? Also, it doesn't say it's a high-flow, I don't think it is.

Anybody got a model # for a high-flow Mikuni fuel pump? Where can you get one? Desperate here, really want to get it on the machine before spring.

Also: I'm guessing that I'll have to do some extra "plumbing" to run lines separately to each of the 3 carbs. Anyone got any hints/diagrams of this procedure?

From
    Clearwater, FL

Without seeing the flow specs for thte pump in question, I can't tell you if it would work or not.

SeaLion has used the high flow pumps in the past - where did you get them, man?

From
    Clearwater, FL

You could also probably get one from Harry at www.groupk.com

From
    Lake Mohave 2 Lake Havasu

Bryan, I got it from a local pwc shop. Polaris sells it too. I have a plumbing diagram and an exploded view of the pump I will e-mail you to post here. It is out of the factory Polaris manual. Note the fuel pump bracket is simple to make to mount it in the hull reinforcing rib by the carbs or can be purchased from Polaris.

[ February 08, 2002, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn ]

Thread Information