No announcement yet.

Dead Hurricane!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i seen that too.it is a bouncey ride.would a good intake grate fix that?

Comment

Yup, you gotta love a good 'Cane

[ March 27, 2002, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Bryan Glynn ]

Comment

boy that sucker looks good

Comment

It's a Pro-Cane. Looks good!

Comment

It's a nice '96 Hurricane that a friend of mine owns. He raced it in Am Sport Stock this year and always got a lot of questions about it at the races, people thought that Polaris had released a new Hurricane for racing! [img]smile.gif[/img] Bryan, sorry if the pic was too big, I forgot to resize it before I uploaded it! :D

Comment

A few questions for everyone here on the hurricanes. First a little about me, I live in central MN, I'm also new to this forum, so please bare w/ me. I have a 97 cane, and I love it, but like everyone else I'd like more out of her.
              Nov785, you need to sent a picture of that Cane to Polaris ask them to make them with the Octane's 780 twin, Sweet ride!!! Would you ask your friend how or where he got the black "soft" plastics, mirror cowl, side bumper rail, rear brag handle, seat cover, etc?
              Now how makes good performance part for this boat? I see Wet wolf has an interesting part. A question on sponsons came up, are the HX rail wedges different (better) than Beach House Hurricane sponsons? Does anyone make a ride plate for this boat other than Chopper City? Any and all help you contribute is appreciated!!!
              THANKS,

Tri-J

[ April 04, 2002, 04:54 AM: Message edited by: ]

Comment

Tri-J,

My friend painted all his plastic. I think he used the additive you add to automotive paint to use on plastic bumpers etc. to give the paint more elasticity. It has held up very well for him. It can't handle real hard rubs against a wooden dock or anything but it holds up pretty good. I don't think anyone could convince Polaris to make the Hurricane again unfortunately. :( If you are looking for performance parts for your engine goto http://www.hotseatperformance.com/ basically anything they offer for the 700 motor will work on your 'Cane. AFAIK CCS is the only place that still makes a plate for the Hurricane. That's what my friend has on his boat, it's not too bad, he said it didn't line up quite right and he had to ream out some of the holes to line it up. Other than that he uses a Jet Dynamics mild intake grate and a wedge that points the nozzle down to keep the dolphin in the water hehe. It hooks up great with that combo. The engine in his is stock, no mods done to it. Good Luck with your project!

Comment

What bend umi bars is he running?

Comment

The UMI bars are the Yamaha Blaster bend. They seem to work out pretty good.

Comment

Is he running CCS long or short plate

Comment

He is running the CCS Long Plate.

Comment

I too use a Blaster bend handlebar on my SLX780. I like it!

Comment

Working...
                          X