No announcement yet.

grates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you use silicone those screws aren't going anywhere. Any type of silicone works good as long as it is a decent brand. I personally use either Permatex Ultra Black or Ultra Grey. Never had a problem.

I use wooden shims to get my plates loose instead of a screwdriver. One shim on each side at the rear, skinny side first of course. Then just use a hammer and tap each side in until the sillycone tears loose and your plate pops off. Good luck, hope you enjoy your better ride!

Comment

I have a wood shop and I though about using wood shims but never did. I thought they would just break because the bond is so good. My screwdriver is not round but a square stock and it doesn't damage the hull, plus it's long and can get more than half way in. From there, I just push down on the plate and it comes right off. At least the poster doing the plate swap has many options to consider from this discussion.

Comment

Another thing to watch out for during your dry fit, make sure the leading edge is going to be flush with the hull. If not shave it down so it'll be a smooth transition.

Comment

Hey all... any of you heard of this Intake grate???

Is it any good??/ Just cerious... never seen this kind before...

check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...064556&r=0&t=0

Comment

I wouldn't trust that grate, I heard that company went under years ago.....
            R&D much better
            365 days a year sunny in SW Fla.
            275 hours on my STX-12F

Comment

I wouldn't spend that kind of money on one but don't discount it because the co got out of pwc. Ultrac had an intake grate for Polaris' and I had one on my SL750. It was better than the R&D and Ultrac is gone too. Unfortunately, I was hauling butt on the river following my buddy's GP1200 and he ran up on a sandbar with only inches of water. I couldn't stop in time either and ran up on the bar and slowly came to a stop. We dragged our skis out and went back to the campsite. The following day I noticed my intake grate was gone. it must have ripped off when hitting the sandbar. I dearly miss that intake grate and have been looking for another ever since to use on my SLX780.

Comment

Ultrac made a great grate for the sea doo X-4 hull. That is what is on mine and I love it.

Scott

Comment

Has anyone used chopper citys grate?

[ April 28, 2002, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Tri-J ]

Comment

Working...
                  X