94 SLT 750 Stator test procedure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 SLT 750 Stator test procedure.

Hi, I went ahead and put my engine back together today. I checked for spark and there was none, so I checked the kill switch, and it looked like it was operating correctly. My MFD doesn't work at all either.

OK, so I went for the electrical box. I kinda suspected something because I had to tap on it a few times before the starter solinoid would kick in. Took the screws out and opened the box. Holy cow. It was completely full of water. There was a nice sized chunk of mud and stones in it too. Mystery to me how it got there. The ski looks nice and clean inside. Who knows, it probably was sunk. Well the water had been there for a year at least, since I just got the ski and It wasn't running when I got it.

On the connection board, which was under the mud, I found that all the rivited-on connectors had rusted off.

What's the fuse for?

It was just laying in there, but I see where it goes.

Hmm, well, while I have the board out, I want to check the stators so I won't have to open the box up again to check them if it still doesn't have spark. Could some one give the Ohm readings of what it should be for the stator coils? And maybe a little bit about the procedure of doing it. I use to do it all the time on my standups, trying to figure out why I had no spark.

Thanks guys.

The fuse is for the MFD. Some have two fuses, and a RULE bilge pump.

Comment

Thanks Bryan for the quick response and info.

Any idea what size the fuse is suppose to be?? It looks like it reads 1/4 amp, but I can not see what is before the 1/4 because the corrosion is so bad. It's a BUS type. I also have a circuit breaker on the outside. Only one fuse. Hope that's enough info for some one to help me out.

[ April 27, 2002, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: hrichards ]

Comment

It is a 1/4 amp for the MFD. You also have a resetable circuit breaker on top of the electrical box.

Comment

Working...
        X