Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question with water leak on 2000 SLX?

Hello All,

My SLX has developed a water leaf around the thru-hull shaft housing. I pulled it apart to inspect the O-ring and everything but I've encountered a problem...My parts manual shows the thru-hull apparently screwing in to a nut on the exterior of the craft (part # 5431985, 5411174, 5432298 / Polaris Parts Manual 2000 SLX pg. B3) Visual inspection appears to confirm this and there is quite a bit of play in the housing which doesn't seem correct but I can't get it to unscrew. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. My local dealer told me they have encountered this and they normally seal the area up with RTV silicone but there's no way for me to seal it proper or do whatever else needs to be done if I can't get it apart and obviously I don't want to break or damage anything in this area. Thanks for any advice.
    00 SLX<br />03 SVT F-150

Re: Question with water leak on 2000 SLX?

I think the parts are still avalible, If so you will have to destroy them to remove it, then replace the parts with new.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Question with water leak on 2000 SLX

Hey Guys I changed my water pump seal and the impellor. Now I have a rattle coming from that area. To me is sounds like the impellor is hitting something in there when I am running down the creek. It does not do it when it idles. Is this possible and what else could it be?
      Thanks
      ------------------------------------------------------------------
      Last edited by Ericka-SBT; 03-14-2011, 01:23 PM. Reason: Unsolicited advertsing in footer

Comment

Re: Question with water leak on 2000 SLX

Did you change the bearings in the jet pump?
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X