Progression of mods on a SL 780

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progression of mods on a SL 780

I have a 96 SL 780 and I am interested in doing some mods to mainly help acceleration but any gain on top end would not be frowned upon either, but I MAINLY want better acceleration. With that said I have decided from my earlier post that the ocean pro regular legnth ride plate and the polaris scoop grate are going to be my first mods. Now my question is what parts should I use (water box, pump wedge(what degree), reeds, heads, impeller (the one for stock power I assume won't be the one I want for a moded motor), pipes?, remove butterflies from carbs or different carbs, extended pump?, etc. And what order should I do them, (some mods need to be grouped together, some of the first mods may not work with the later mods) I would like a plan so that I know what to expect and don't buy stuff that I don't need. Give me a build up plan from mild all the way to the most wild way that I can take this ski. I really dig the fact that you guys take the time to help people like me and I get a opinion from people other than the manufacturers.

Thanks again,
    LeRoy

For acceleration, carbon fiber reeds, Boyesen Rad Valves or V-Force reeds will be good. Modifying the stock heads will also yield better bottom end. For a freebie mod, you can cut the skirt off of the flame arrestor top to expose an aftermarket style open element F/A. A Skat Trak swirl impeller is good for acceleration too (especially if you have a 4 blade stocker).

Comment

Working...
    X