Water in 'MFD' and Electrical box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in 'MFD' and Electrical box

I flipped my ski upside down in the lake - to cut away the piece of ski rope that was wrapped around the drive shaft and jammed in the impeller. In doing this I got water in the MFD display and also in the main electrical box.

Now it seems to be stuck in limp mode , and the MFD is all messed up.

I opened up the box to dry it out. Is there any way to save the MFD?
    Is there any way to temporarily run without the MFD?
    Will a messed up MFD cause the limp mode condition?

It is a '97 SL1050.

All advice and comments will be greatly appreciated.

JB - in Holland , MI
    Always WOT !!!

No there is no way to bypass it, and it shouldn't put you in limp mode - are you sure you don't have another issue, like maybe you are running on 2 cylinders?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Now the MFD is totaly blank , it is filled with water droplets and condensation. and the longer .25 AMP fuse was blown. I have a new MFD on the way.

It sure seems like the RPMS are being limited somehow - even out of the water - the same limitation. I also believe it is running on all 3 cyl. I know what it will do when it is running on 2 or even 1 cylinder.

The ski will normally do 45-50 mph on 2 cyl. and still plane out on just 1 cyl. But it will barely plane now and only with the right trim.

Of course I have no way to tell what the RPMS are at this point , so maybe the new MFD will shed some light.

I have also changed plugs twice - no change.

I should know more in a few days , as the MFD is being 'next day aired'.
      And thanks for the input. JB - in Holland , MI
      Always WOT !!!

Comment

I can send you the troubleshooting info for your ignition. We have many parts and can order you whatever you need. email us polarisguru@comcast.net

Comment

The new MFD seems to have fixed the running problem.

BUT after a couple of hours of hard use - the engine lost power and quit running. It would not turn over at first , but it did restart after a minute or so of trying , and I was able to limp back to the boat ramp.

There is a rattling in the crankcae area , and no power. The strangest thing is that the #2 spark plug was out almost 2 turns AND the electrodes were pushed together.

So now I have an SBT on the way - with an oil pump block-off.

JB - in Holland , MI.
          Always WOT !!!

Comment

Working...
          X