Polaris SLT 700 1996

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaris SLT 700 1996

SLT 700 cranks and shuts off after a minute. It cranks right back but will shut off after a couple of minutes. Some times it will run 2 to 3 minutes and some time it will run only 1 minute. It has got to be elect., where do you start.

[ June 16, 2003, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: dhd ]

Polaris had an issue with the ignition system that would do that - it required a new stator and often CDI box. Have a dealer test them.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

If I ohm the stater and checks out would you replace the cdi

Comment

Often times the stator will ohm fine when cold - you might put a heat gun on it while testing.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Polaris SLT 700 1996

For what it's worth my brother has 2 1995 Sea Doo's. One had what sounds like the same problem. It would start and run fine for about 30 to 45 seconds, then die. It would start right back up, but would always die in under 1 minute. He replaced several electrical parts, but what fixed it was a new CDI module. He did not replace the stator.

Regarding the heat gun trick on the stator -- I never heard that one. So take the housing off on the front to be able to get a heat gun directly on the stator, then do the ohm testing? I have a 95 Polaris SLT 750 with intermittent spark (mostly no spark) issues.

Comment

Working...
          X