Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'00 Virage rebuilt, prime oil and gas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '00 Virage rebuilt, prime oil and gas???

I pulled a dumb move and bought what looked like a rental in fairly good condition...well lets just say I've rebuilt it from the hull up, it's really pretty now, lucky I've got some hook ups here and there.

My problem is, I've got it all back together, but I need to get the oil and gas lines primed. I've cranked it over quite a bit, but I don't want to cook the starter.

Any suggestions??? I have a friend with a mighty vac, but I'm a lazy azz and hope to find a way to fix this so I don't have to drive 25 miles across San Diego to use a mighty vac for 5 minutes.

If anyone can give me a better suggestion than having my girlfriend take a shot at pulling some fluids through those hoses :D I'd sure appreciate it, thanks.
    Tweet tweet, all idiots out of the gene pool!

All you need to do is make sure all the fuel is pre-mix,and the oil pump lines will fill the first couple minutes you idle it. To prime the carbs, take off the return line from the carb and blow through it, then capit with your thumb. When you see fuel coming back out the carb fitting replace the line.

[ August 08, 2003, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Technical Support ]
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Hey that's a good tip, should of thought of that myself, pressurize the fuel tank a little and viola, one primed carb. I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down! just kidding, :D

Quick question...
      I've seen oil pump block off plates and such, so I have no fear of running mix thru my carb, however, what ratio of oil/gas would you recommend when the oil injection is going to kick in soon?

This is a brand new motor and I don't want to muck it up. It's waranteed, but I reeealy don't want to pull that thing out again. [img]/graemlins/angryfire.gif[/img]
      Tweet tweet, all idiots out of the gene pool!

Comment

On a new motor pre-mix to 50:1
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X