Throttle Sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Sticking

Its been several weeks since I rode. I just went to do some winterizing on the machine and I noticed that the throttle is very slow in returning to the closed position. I disconnected the cable from the linkage, and I have the same issue - so it is in the carb linkage. What bugs me is that it was fine without a hint of binding last time out.
    I assume that a linkage rebuild kit is the answer to this? If that's the case I suppose the whole carb rack needs to come out to do the job? And finally, I guess also that this means rebalancing the carbs?
    Sorry for all the questions. Anybody have any idea?
    WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
    Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
    Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

the spring is what gives the tension for the throttle to close. Make sure that it is ok first. You can rebuild this part in the ski but it is much easier to do it with the carbs removed. If the spring is ok then you should take the assembly apart and clean it and then re-sync the carbs.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

There are three springs - I was able to get an extra "turn" on two of them. The third is obstructed by the hull. After this, the throttle does close, though not a "snap" as is probably normal. Is there bearings, or bushings that go bad on this assembly? or are we just talking about gunk that builds up?
      WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
      Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
      Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

More like corosion on the shafts. You can use a penatrating lube on the shafts and it will work it's way in. Spray both sides of the shafts each time you go ride so it will work it's way in.
        Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Working...
        X