differences in cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• differences in cases

I recently purchased a set of used cases for a 94 SL750. Upon inspection, I discovered the cases are actually for a 93 SL 750. I did some research into the cases and it appears the differences are only that the 92-93 models had water pipes on the lower case. The 94-95 models appear to have stopped using that method of letting water into the lower section. My question is from anyone who has experience in this matter, Is this the only differences and can I retro-fit the 93 to work with the rest of the 94 motor system.

Thanks,
    Jim

I think the manifold or pipe is different also. I had to put a 95 750 motor in a 93 ski and had to use the 95 manifold. I think it is because it had a water fitting and the 93' manifold did not.

[ November 04, 2003, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: dank ]
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

you actually can plug the pipe if you do not need them on the new engine.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Good deal. I was thinking the same thing. Tell me, How does the lower part of the case keep cool if no water goes down there anymore? The old case from the 94 looks as if there has never been water in there.

Comment

I will have to double-check but, I believe it is just a t fitting and it does not actually cool the case itself.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X