Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find out about the updates ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find out about the updates ?

I have a 92 650 SL and have been told by a dealer that there are 11 outstanding updates that are due on this machine. No surprise to me - but - they were resistant in giving me specifics on each one. WHere can I find out what they are and whether or not it is worth taking the boat in to have them done? Also - who pays for all these? I have gotten different answers on that. Thanks for your help.

I have a '94 SL750 - and I've wondered about this as well. It seems that nobody here knows. You would think that it makes good customer sense to make this information accessible.
    WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
    Skat Trak D-75 SS 6 Vein Pump
    Skat Trak 13/18 Swirl Impeller

Comment

You may want to get ahold of Ron Self at Rogue Jets in Austin, Texas. He is the south Texas knowledgable "pro" about the Polaris line. His website is http://roguejets.net

Good luck with your skis! [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Texas Team Yamaha<br />#519 Novice <br />Region 5<br /><br /><a href="http://texasteamyamaha.com" target="_blank">Texas Team Yamaha</a>

Comment

92 had numerous TSB (technical service bulletin). The 94 SL750 had a couple. 92 had some airbox, cooling and jetting while 94 had a modified air inlet and gas cap with fill neck. These are what I remember off the top of my head but a dealer would have all of them listed for each model. Getting these done after 10 or so years might be tough though. Recall items have to be fixed no matter how long ago but I don't think it's the same for a TSB.

Comment

Concerning the '94: If the "cap" on the top of the gas tank is plastic it needs to be replaced with the updated cap. The updated cap has a plastic insert held in place with a screw on metal ring. This was a recall I believe.

There is a bilge hose that exits out the side of
          the craft towards the front. I don't recall exactly what it conncts to inside the hull but it
          was secured with a plastic zip tie from the factory. Its needs to be secured with a metal
          clamp as it had a tendency to come loose flooding your boat

The original rubber snorkle on the back of the flame arrestor angled back towards the front along the side. This resulted in excessive water ingestion as the seat is not water tight
          The fix is to cut the narrow portion off the snorkle and mount it so it points toward the center of the hull.

Finally there is a pulse opearted fuel shut off valve near the fuel pump. It needs to be removed.

'99gp1200 (former SL750 owner)

[ November 20, 2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: 99gp1200 ]

Comment

Working...
          X