97 sl900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 sl900

Hi, trying to get my ski's ready for next year. I store them in a heated garage so I want to have them running good by spring. My G/F's 97 900 has 12 hours on it, we are the second owner this year, had 9 hours when we bought it. It runs good, cold blooded, but at the end of the season, It started acting funny, the battery would die fast, and then one day, All I could get out of it is a loud clicking inside the CDI box. Power is not getting to the starter. Should I crack the box open and take a look, what is this likely to be? Battery had a complete charge when I tried this, Thanks in advance,

hi again, I cracked the cdi box open, the clicking box is from the little "black box inside the box. I tested the power going in, and when you click on the starter button the power comming out is weak, and the "little black box" is clicking loud. All connections inside are in great shape. What the heck is that little box??

Comment

If it is the one with the two red battery wires it is the solinoid. It is a big switch to turn on the starter. You can jump acrosst the two terminals with a screwdriver and see if the starter turns over.

If not then you have a bad battery, starter or connection. You should clean all battery and ground cables to and from the battery and try again. If still no good then try a known good battery.

There is a section in the tech area on this topic. Good luck.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

What I have come up with is this, it does have the 2 red wires, when i disconnect the one for the power going to the starter then I am getting lots of juice when i hit the start button, when I connect it back up and hit the start button there is little power going out. Seems like I am getting resistance at the starter. Has anybody had this problem, looks like I am going to oull the starter out, I took the oil tank out and gas tank, so it will be easier to work at. Let me know if anybody has some suggestions.

Comment

Thought I would post the followup on this post. It is the starter, bearing on the inside of the starter gear is worn and it seized the starter, looks like a bit of grease would have helped the situation out a few years ago. Looks like I will be looking for a rebuilt starter. After tearing into this Polaris, I noticed lots bolts loose throughout. This ski only has 12 hours on it. ANybody else had this problem with bolts comming loose.

Comment

Working...
          X