carb removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb removal

i have a 1995 polaris sl750. havnt posted in a while cuz i havnt had any problems. i think i need to clean out my carbs. my back one at least. how hard are they to remove and what size are the bolts and how many? any tips. thanks. [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img]

and do they have to be removed to be cleaned?

Comment

The Tech Section has guides, and yes they do.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

the tech section was kind of vague on the carb removal for the sl750. do you know what size the bolts are and how many need to be removed? thanks

Comment

and also what type of carbs are these on the sl750? thanks. do you guys still sell the rebuild kits?

Comment

Mikuni SBN, Yes we do. Read the Engine removal guide, full pics and descriptions.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

They're 12mm nuts, and there's 6 of them (2 for each carb base).

They can be a little hard to get to, but not impossible, best to take the intake plenum off for room to get your arm around and to see what your doing down there. You'll have to lift the rack a little bit at some point in time to get some of the nuts off the studs too.

Don't forget to detach the oil pump lever before you try to pull the carb rack off the motor too.

While you've got that off, its a wonderful time to check out the reeds/cages. You're 99% there once you get the rack off.

[ January 02, 2004, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: ShowMePro1200 ]

Comment

Oh, and my experience is coming from working with my old SLT 750. I had plenty of room (relatively speaking - ha ha) in the SLT to pull the carb rack straight up and out of the boat. The SL is a bit tighter to work in I know.

Maybe an SL-person would be able to interject as to whether you can lift the carb rack out of that kind of machine w/o any moving of the motor? SeaLion??

Comment

Make sure to put a three outlet fuel pump or modify your fuel lines for a dual feed setup. The SL 750 had that fuel delivery problem.
                  Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenchmob:
                    i have a 1995 polaris sl750. havnt posted in a while cuz i havnt had any problems. i think i need to clean out my carbs. my back one at least. how hard are they to remove and what size are the bolts and how many? any tips. thanks. [img]graemlins/spit.gif[/img]
                    rebuild all carbs while your at it not just one. its kind of like just putting new brakes on one side of your car. it dont make sence. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks for the help. but it looks like the rear carb clogged and starved my rear cylinder. i have decided to sell her cause i cant stand the thought of spending anymore money on her. she is a great looking ski and used to be a great running ski. oh well. wife wants a boat anyways. 700.00 for everything. thanks [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X