No announcement yet.

dies after reaching top speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait... Uhh? Didn't you do a comp-test Longggggggggg ago (BULLRAIDER did for you?)and said they were all good? Like 2 or 3 times I think I read you did a comp test too... And you put a different "used" fuel pump on there too?? What fuel pump/pumps are you running now? Plus I thought at one point you pulled the head off too?? You might have more probs than you think now.

Comment

yes i ran a comp-test when i first came on the forum and all 3 were at 130 with a matco and snap-on gauge Yes i did put a used fuel pump on it from a raider 1100 i'm still using the same pump i never did pull the head cuz i was advised to change the cheaper stuff first and it was just probally a fuel prob like what more probs could i have... i did pull the head today the cyl walls were scuffed on front cyl. next to exhaust port the other 2 were perfect

Comment

Yes...SKIMMER.. I did a comp test and it passed perfectly, , in all your 25 years of working on engines ,you have never seen any thing just happen . like Polaris crank twist, or carb diaphrams go bad?? the raider 1100 pump is way more than he needs and is still good, This guy is trying to ask for help,if you dont want to help him DONT. getting on here and kicking him while his ski is down, is pretty crappy...he is working on his first ski....remember that...

Comment

CrazyA

Comment

I too have an SL 750 I've just obtained. I've already ordered the supplimental pump and block off kit (should be here Monday). Will I have to pull the carbs to remove the oil pump? or will I be able to reach around after taking off the spark arrestor?

I ran it a little the other day, I bypassed the fuel shut-off valve next the the pump, and it worked great (before bypassing, I could only get up to 2200 rpm) I bet that valve is faulty. Should I continue to bypass this or look for a new one?

Also, looks like I've had/have some water in the middle cylinder, because the plug came out so clean, with some milky oil on it. I haven't had any water in the separator, maybe there was water in the engine case because the engine sat for years. I will take it out, turn it upside down w/o the middle plug, and turn it over to expell the rest of the watery oil, but am I looking at maybe a bad head or exhaust gasket? Suggestions?

Comment

call me and i will dicuss it with you to much to type # is 281-421-9763 call after 3:00 pm any time on weekends if no answer leave message

Comment

I'm running a 92 650sl, new to jet skiing. I too am having similar problem of after 10-15 min. of riding it will die, but not completely dead. It will run at a high idle. The nose will tip up and act like it'll take off, but it just won't take off. After few minutes it will kick in and take off at top speed like nothing happened previously. I have not had problem of it dead in the water. Throttling it while it's ideling, it just cuts out some, like it's flooding. Then after up and running for some time it'll eventually idle down again. Then it'll get up and go.
                I thought it'd have to do with some type of over heating. Talked to polaris service personnel locally, they suggested this forum that others are having similar problem of fuel pump on #1. I'm having new pump put on beginning of next week. Any other ideas, or think this will nail it on the head?
                Nic Morel

Comment

why didnt polaris recall these and fix the fuel pump problem.

Comment

They issued a TSB to add an additional pump.

Comment

So if I would keep putting it on the water with it doing ideling down then running then ideling down due to the fuel problem on #1 then when the fuel does enter and get fire would that cause it to burn a hole in the piston like I'm reading in other posts? Or need to remachine the bore/new piston rings, etc... Also hearing about spark plug issues running an 8 rather then manual stating a 7?
                      Nic Morel

Comment

yes it will sieze the engine if you dont correct fuel prob i know I am boring my cyl. now it may not put a hole in top of piston but it will gouge the cyl. wall and weld the rings to piston

Comment

Working...
                        X