convert sl650 to 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert sl650 to 750

I have a 94' sl650. I am wondering what is involved in switching it over to a 750. I know the 650 and 750 both use the same crank case and essentially only differ in pistons, heads, and cylinders. My question is, is it possible to convert to a 750 by simply replacing those three things? Is the stroke length the same? and are the carbs on the 650 adequate for the 750. Is the timing the same and all that jazz? Is it even worth doing?
    I will be rebuilding the engine this spring anyway and need to replace a cylinder and the pistons. For more power I wouldn't mind replacing all three cylinders and getting 750 pistons.

The case and reeds are the only major shared parts, everything else is different.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I have a sl750 that has everything you need. it needs to be rebuilt also. Everything in clean salt free condition. I will sell you the engine and anything else you need. Carbs, ignition ect.
      Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Re: convert sl650 to 750

you would probably need a donor ski to make the job worth while, in cost terms. Also you might as well just go up to a 780.

Comment

Working...
        X