Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

93/95 cylinders are they interchangeable??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93/95 cylinders are they interchangeable??

I have a 93 sl 750 that needed a piston, the original cyl was scratched up. I have a 95 cyl
    in good cond and Im trying to replace the 93 with the 95 and upon close inspection I noticed the water jacket on the 93 passed through the cyl to the cases, and the 95 cyl does not. Do I have to rebore the original or can I use to 95 cyl. If I have to rebore it I might have to go up a size in piston, If I have to rebore larger, do I have to do all the cylinders or just the one??

I am not aware of any differences on any polaris 750 other than some have a water cooling pipe on the side and some do not.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The cyl on the 93, you can look up through the bottom and see out the top, the 95 cyl you cannot.
      I dont want to overheat the motor if I go through with the swap. Is is possible to bore ony 1 cyl over size and leave the rest stock size and have the motor run like it should?

Comment

It is never recomended to run different sized pistons, the engine will be out of balanace, and polaris cranks have a hard enough time staying together as it is.

The cooling passages are not important, you can mix.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X