Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT 750 head leaking

Joe St. Louis or Bryan,

I have a SBT motor in my 93 750SX that I just started breaking in earlier this week. When I was fine tuning my carb on the water I noticed that I had a small water leak coming out of the head on the far rear right hand side of the motor. I pulled the plugs after a short run time to check to see if water was making it through to the engine, but it looks like it's just getting through to the outside. Will this go away if I check/retorque the head? If it doesn't go away what should I do? Thanks for your time.

Lewie Miller

Yes, first re-torque the head. I don't have a manual in front of me, but I will look up the torque specs Monday morning and post them here, or you can call me first thing. Sometimes the bolts will get slightly loose during shipping or after first use and require a re-torque.

If that doesn't take care of it, call Joe and he'll be happy to take care of it.

Comment

Retorque your head. approximately 26 ft lb. torque them in a criss cross pattern like you would if you were putting a rim back on a car. after mabey 1/2 hour retorque them again. they will tighten up a little more. Start the torquing in a gradual process. tighten them to 15 ftlb then 20ftlb than you rfinal torque spec
      Rob

Comment

Working...
      X