Anyone know or had this happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know or had this happen?

My buddy has a 650 X2 its sort of a sit down stand up ski. Kinda of a weird thing but he likes it. Anyway its doing something strange. I havent looked at it yet, but he sais that out of the water it revs fine while in the water it bogs down. Any of you guys have any ideas. hes coming over tomorrow and I just want to get some ideas to check it. Im thinking carbs, and i have the dual 44s i may put on there just to see if it is his carb
    Rob

I've been having the same problem with my carbs. It seems that it turned out to be the pop-off thingy was too high or something. (I'm not the one working on it, as you can tell.) [img]smile.gif[/img] There were many suggestions to my posts which may help you.

Here are links to some of my original topics:
    Here's one.
    Here's another started by my friend who is helping me work on the ski.

[ March 30, 2001: Message edited by: Tiger ]

Comment

Also make sure the compression is good, and the electrical timing is still on. Did it start all of a sudden?

Comment

Bryan Im not really sure . he said that his Girlfriend dunked it and it sank. he did the spark plugs out and hit the starter thing and oiled it, but Ill check the compression tomorrow. if the compression is bad then ill probably order the motor from you ( I e mailed you)
        if it is the motor, then Ill just get one and throw it in. I think the compression shoud be in the 140 PSi range or somewhere around that. Ill look at the carbs and the pop off and see mab=ey its stuck ior mabey the diaphram is bad
        Rob

Comment

pfffffft - OK well that was just a little info that was missing, eh! Do yourself a favor and just call us because your buddy most likely need a new engine!

Comment

yeah i know. He just called me and told me that so I didnt know either. I told him the motor is probably toast, but Ill have to check it out and see. Im sure the motor is on its last leg
            Rob

Comment

It's most likely a carb issue. My GP1200 did the same thing with 35 hrs on the boat. If you're not used to 2-strokes (like me) you may not even notice that it's running on just 1 cylinder.

Start the ski, let it warm up (in water) for a few minutes. Feel for temp differences in the cylinders. Or you can pull a plug off one or more cylinders and see if it idles differently.

Comment

I read an article that said taking water in can also jack up the fuel pump so bad that it can't pump required volumes of fuel. DOn't forget to rebuild / replace ;) [cheap fix to be safe]

Take care,
                -SEF

Comment

I am not sure if that has the reed motor or the rotary but I had that problem with my old Blaster, and it was a cracked reed. It would rev up fine on the trailer but when load was put on the motor, it acted all funny! New motor is probably smart, but check that anyways.
                  The Kid

Comment

Working...
                  X