Pop off pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop off pressure

Does anyone know what the pop off pressure should be on a 90 650SX Kawasaki. Its got the 28mm Keihin CDK and is all stock. When I first tried to start it it would only run when pumping the primer. I found that the pop off pressure was 30 psi and it would never open up at all. I dropped it down to 20 psi and it seems to run fine now except when restarting after the motor is warm. Acts like its flooded.

The manual lists 12-14 psi for a stock engine. Make sure your tank pressure relief valve is working, and your needle is not leaking.

Comment

Thanks Bryan. I thought 30 psi sounded way too high when I checked it. No wonder I wasn't getting any gas to the jets. I'll check the tank valve next and leave the pop off where i've got it since it accelerates nice and smooth.

Comment

Anyone know where and economical place to pick up a pop-off gauge is. ;)

Comment

www.rivayamaha.com is where I got mine.

Comment

Found this on the net... although Mikuni require a special adapter...

" A while back I read a way to build a cost efficient pop off gauge.

Go to a medical supply store and buy a blood pressure cuff
            bulb with a built-in relief valve (about $4.00 in my area), a 0-15 or 20
            lb gauge, tubing (I used quarter inch automotive fuel hose, one T to fit
            tubing, and then put it together: Bulb, hose to T, out the top of T to the
            gauge, the other side of the T to the carb.

Total cost = say $18 plus or minus.
            "

Take care,
            -Skexies

Comment

You can use any gauge you want, as long as it reads the right range (up to 100 for covering all pwcs), and you are able to pump it slowly.

Comment

Working...
              X