Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 900 zxi...adding another cooling line

Hello,

Does anyone know the best way to add another cooling line off the pump??? Or should i just "t" the water inlet off to other parts of the head and the exhaust manifold(coffman's pipe). WHere is a good spot to tap into my stock head to add other cooling lines on each cylinder....thanks Peter

Peter, I don't know about adding a second cooling line from the pump. I figure it could be done, but it probably is not necessary to do. (that would be a good question for Tim)I run the stock setup with an inline water strainer. I do however run a waterline off the rear cylinder out the side of the boat. The rear cylinder tends to run hot (compared to the front and middle)on the 1995 900's.
    I am running an ADA head, they are already setup to accept cooling lines for all 3 cylinders. I have never experimented with the stock head. Sorry I cannot help there.

Scott

Comment

Peter, I looked at a spare pump for my 900 the other night. There are two spots on the pump for waterlines. So, if you wanted to run dual lines you would have to remove the pump and drill/tap a hole for a fitting. Then you would have to drill a hole in your ski to get the water line into the engine compartment. That is about as far as I can help, as I said before I only run one line.

Scott

Comment

Working...
      X