Water Plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Plug

I was wondering if my 93 Kawasaki 650 X2 had a water plug that I needed to plug up before I put my ski in the water. I have looked all over because I assumed it did, but I have not found anything and would rather not find out by having my boat sink.
    Thanks
    William

Nope.

Comment

Water plug you mean Hull drain plug or crank case drain ? Im not sure about the hull plug i assume they have them now. I know the early models didnt. Some kawasaky 650s came with a pull lever that was attached to a plastic case that when pulled it drained the water that is in the crank case ( that is if you sucked up water in the motor) personally i always took them off and ordered a block off kit
      Rob

Comment

Yeah, I was talking about the hull plug. I went out today and It would sink when I got on it. (I only weigh about 155). I don't quite know why it is doing this. I don't think there are any cracks in the hull, but they may be. Any ideas aside from cracks in the hull?
        Thanks
        William

Comment

pump/rideplate mounting bolt holes, driveshaft seal...fill it up with water on the trailer and see where it leaks out.

Comment

Will; When you saiod that it sunk when you got in it ,Did you mean that it filled the inside of the ski with water,or just filled the rideing tray? It is a normal state for the tray to fill and the rear of the X-2 to settle into the water.That can't be helped,because of the design of this ski.Nothing to worry about. Good luck,and rember to "keep the wet side down" Mark

Comment

Just the back end was setteling under water, but I didn't want to push it. I opened the hood of the engine and there was not any water there, but a guy that was there on the shore said that it would not be in the engine, it would be at the back of the ski. I just assumed that it would also run up to the engine. Then I couldn't get it started at all. When I put it up on the trailer I didn't see any water comeing out of the hull, so I was thinking that that was just how this ski was, but the gentelmen told me it was not and that I had to have water in it. Is there a way to get the seat up? There is nothing in the clymer that I have about seats. Thanks William

Comment

My Kawasaki (650X-2) is extreamly unstable. It is just the ride trays that fill up with water, but it was enough to make me worry because it was my first time on it. Is it always going to do this? The battery died on me after the back end sank (water never came above the bottom of the seat) and I could not get it started again. I took it into more shallow water, because I could not sit on it without it tipping. I am new to this, so maybe this is normal, but I was having problems. Is it like a motorcycle in that you gain more control over it once you are moving or is it always this unstable?
                thanks a lot you guys. I really appreciate all the help you guys give me.

Comment

It will definitely get more stable once you get moving. I've never rode an X2 only the 650SX standup but all the X2's i've seen looked like they were going to sink until they got going.

Comment

The X2 can be interesting to learn to ride.
                    Yes the backend will forever be under water until you give it throttle. The X2 is a blast to ride once you get the hang of it. It is somewhat slow at about 35 mph stock, but it is a great watercraft to jump waves.

To ride it, stand next to it and in one motion, start it, gas it and board it as it starts to move away. Don't try to sit on it while it is not moving. And, why they called it a two person watercraft, I'll never know.

Always takeoff in water that is at least knee deep or you will suck rocks up from the bottom of the lake.
                    Bill O'Neal WCM
                    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com" target="_blank">www.watercraftmagic.com</a>

Comment

Man that is great. I was really worried about the water, thanks a lot. This does not seem like the type of ski that my gilrfriend will enjoy, I think I would love it. So, what if you fall off in the middle of he lake? Do you get a buddie to hold it while you board and then let go when you take off? I only got it so she would have something to ride while I was on my 96HX, but I don't think she is going to like this. Anybody want to buy a 93 Kawasaki 650X-2?
                      Thanks again,
                      William :( [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X