Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove and Check Crank on 900zxi

Hello All,

Well in my on going effort to rebuilding my motor I feel that I may have to take the crank out and check it. Many people have been helpful and I am very grateful. I have doubled my knowledge on Jet Ski's. But, I still need more help. I will be pulling the crank out and giving it the once over. I will be changing the seals and checking things twice. The Kawasaki manual does a great job of explaining things, but I would like to know if there is anything that I should be aware of. Being that this is my first time evolution on doing this. Any help as always is appreciated. Also, I don't have any of the special tools that the manual calls for. Do i need these tools or is there another way to take the flywheel off?? Well enough of my babble...thanks Peter [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Your safest bet is to take it into your local dealer, who will have the correct flywheel puller, and have them remove it for you. They usually charge around $10 to do so.

Comment

Also dont forget to wash the crank. What i usually Ddo is this. i take a automotive parts brush. The kind that has the brisles in a circle on tthe flat normal ones. Wrap a folded shop towel around the bristles and clean the earings. youll be surprised at the amount of crud that will come out. Then pour some 2 stroke oil over it while its sitting on the work bench. This way you wont dry spin the bearings. Try to get the top quality gaskets. if you can get the triple lip ones on the center hole. im not sure who makes them, but its a added safety margin. mostly you can get double lip but i heard someone came out with triple lip ones, but i may be thinking motorcycles. Dont forget to use 1211 on the case surfaces where they mate. use a thin thin coat and torque to specs. After youre done torquing the cases leave them sitting for about 10 to 20 min. Now go back and torque them again. When you first torque them start at 25 % of the max torque specified then move to 50 % and then 75 %. do a final the specified torque. Then leave them sitting for a while and retorque at the max xpecified torque. you will see that they actually tighten a little more
      Rob

Comment

Working...
      X