This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Injection Block Off Question

I have a 95 Kaw 900 ZXI. I am getting ready to install an oil injection block off. My question is centered around the carbs.

1. Are there any concerns about using the plastic caps to cap of the oil lines that go to the carbs?
    2. Will I need to make any carb adjustments because I blocked off the oil injection?
    3. It looks like a straight forward process, any items that I need to look out for?

I have general mechanical knowledge but I am ignorant when it comes to carbs. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. By the way, nice site. Thanks!

No, there is nothing special on that motor to look out for. No carb adjustments are needed. There are no issues with the plastic caps.

Comment

If you are concerned about the caps, you can place a zip tie on the cap for added security.

Comment

I do planning on removing the oil pump and replacing it with a block-off plate. I don't planning on adding a primer kit so I probably will cap the lines going from the pump to the carbs using the zip-tie suggestions. Thanks for the suggestions and let me know if there are more! Thanks!

Comment

Yup use zip tire. Or you can do this. Remove the choke plates and cap them off. Then you can use the oil injection nipples for the primer kit lines to squirt fuel in the carb. My suggestion is to completly remove the oil pump and the lines not just cap them off. They may leak and all that oil in the bottom of your hull will look like Swamp Thing slept in the bilge areal. Im not sure if you are completly removing the pump and lines or just planning on capping them off
          Rob

Comment

I have posted a section with instructions on the oil-block off, in the technical section.

Comment

Re: Oil Injection Block Off Question

I'm curious, will you use more oil doing pre-mix rather than injection or will it be approx. the same?

Comment

Re: Oil Injection Block Off Question

Wow, I think that's the record for draggin up the olded thread possible!

On a ski with a fixed rate pump, it's the same. On a ski with a variable ratio pump, pre-mixing uses more.

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
                SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
                X