new to PWCs want info on 98 zxi 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to PWCs want info on 98 zxi 1100

hi im new here and to pwcs also id like info on the 1998 zxi 1100.

how does it handel, whats the horse power, does it have a good engine, hows the low end accel. hows the top end, hows the aftermarket for it, how would you rate it great, ok, bad?-why

it would be great if you can answer any of these questions or give specs or maybe a site with detail info.

thanks

The engine is very reliable, but not really fantastic, at least in stock form. I believe it's rated at 120HP, but the hull doesn't let it perform very well. It doesn't turn very well in stock form, and doesn't jump very easily. It's also a rather stubby hull, not really suited to long rides, or tall riders. They don't have any major cronic problems, but it's just always been a rather mediocre ski with luke-warm buyer response.

As far as performance, you're lucky to see 58, and it doesn't exactly rip your arms off gettign there. You can get it to respond very well, but it does require a couple grand in mods and running 92+ octane.

Comment

I agree with bryan on a few things. it does have a 3 cylinder motor rated at 120 HP, the handling can be better with aftermarket stuff. top speed is a realistic 55-56 MPh, and its not too fast. looks good, but if youre tall or long legged youll feel like youre on a tricycle after a while. Pretty reliable, and unlike my Raider 1100 kawasaki is still selling them otherwise they would of stopped making them
      Its most likely on its way out since they cant possibly keep up with the Ultra 130 and 150 triples and with the 900 and 1100 triples.
      Rob

Comment

Working...
      X