Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Ultra-150 Exhaust hose burn-out

Hi,

The exhaust hose between the expansion-chamber & muffler overheats and burns out with just a few hours of use. There's plenty of water running out of the rear exhaust port, so I know water-flow is not the problem; I broke down the exhaust system anyway ... all clean (especially the port at the top of the expansion chamber). The machine runs great & doesn't overheat. I'm at a loss, so is my dealer. I'm tired of installing a new hose every time I ride. Any leads are appreciated. :)

You probably have a partial clog in your cooling system. There is a recall for certain 150's to deal with the exhaust overheating problem. If your hull ID is between KAW40001A999 and KAW47006G999 then you need to have your dealer perform the fixes. This is a Factory Directed Modification.

Comment

Hi Bryan,
      According to the Kawasaki website, neither of my machines are subject to the "overheating" recall. I believe that problem was restricted to the 1999 model year. Anyway, my HINs end in 'H900' & 'L900'. Looking forward to any more suggestions. By the way, very cool forum. :)

Comment

You never know what skis they produce to the last year specs and badge as current years...happens alot. But you're right, that is past the recall. I would still be suspecting a blockage somewhere - sometimes debris can wedge itself in position so that it only blocks flow in one direction, and becomes very hard to find. Usually at 90 deg. bends. I would go through all your cooling passages very carefully.

Comment

Working...
        X