sea doo (wsm)parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sea doo (wsm)parts

got a question. i have a ski with a pmc engine in it. when i got it from the factory, i disasembeld it to seal the crank cases with "the right stuff", of coarse i had there ok! the piston rings had wsm stamped on them and "caged" roller bearings. my question is, "how good are wsm parts"? "why the caged roller bearings"? "should i rebuild the top end since it's been a couple years of hard summer ridin"? it still has good cranking compression (the same as it had when i broke it in) as it always had.

but i guess i'm more woried about wsm parts and caged roller bearings being on the cheap side but according to them they are not as good as wiseco or oem but will last just as long.
    cameron "da river rat"<br />3x pro runabout 720 engine blower!<br />(jetskianist~adictionist~modificationist)

Definitely not as good as ours or OEM, Wiseco is apples and oranges - they are not designed for the same rec riding application as a cast piston in the first place. In a race or high power application, Wisecos would blow the WSM outta da water...or more litterally the WSM's would blow up [img]smile.gif[/img]

The fact that the bearings are caged is not an issue, just an issue of who's bearings. Personally and professionally I don't recommend WSM parts.

Comment

Oh - that being said, I wouldn't necessarily redo your engine right now - if it's not broken and you don't suspect it to be anytime soon, just ride it and have fun!

Comment

i just bought a 720 long block and when taking it apart the pistons had austrailia or aust stamped on the bottom (can't remember which one). those aren't stock pistons are they? do the stock pistons have holes in the skirts on the rotary valve side, because these did not. it seemed to be well in tact except for a rubber o-ring seeping water into the mag side piston and caused some pitting to the head and dome of the piston. they had 81.93, and 81.94 stamped real small on the tops with the useual arrow. if they are not stock what kind are they???
        cameron "da river rat"<br />3x pro runabout 720 engine blower!<br />(jetskianist~adictionist~modificationist)

Comment

Those are O.E.M. Pistons. Meaning they are the original equipment that came with the craft. The number on the top is the piston size and those numbers indicate a stock size piston. :D [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cwm3.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X